Lakaffa got HR Asia Reward
Lakaffa has been named the Best Companies to Work for in Asia by human-resource publication, HR Asia in 2018.
This year, 4,986 employees from a total of 133 companies across Taiwan responded to the HR Asia Best Companies to Work for in Asia Survey. The survey also covers seven other markets across Asia, including mainland China, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Thailand.
Evolving Face of Talents and Employment in Lakaffa
Henry Wang, CEO, says "disruptive innovation is not only changing markets and industries, it is redefining the workplace. The skillsets required are rapidly changing, while workplaces are being transformed to accommodate food industry and flexi-working, among others. Companies need to adapt and do so quickly in view of these changes brought about by service and global inter-connectivity."
Good Employers Score Higher
Survey participants were asked affirmative statements about their employers, and either agree or disagree with each of the statements. Based on these answers across the survey, the top 3 areas that employees in Hong Kong agree about their jobs are:
1. Meeting or exceeding customer expectation (Average score of 4.08/5)
2. Being effective at work (Average score of 3.99/5)
3. Employees know clearly what is expected from them at work (Average score of 3.95/5)
On the other hand, the 3 areas that score the lowest in the survey (i.e. the ones which the employees feel their companies can improve on) are:
1. Employees feel that they are not involved in the decision-making process (Average score of 3.14/5)
2. Employees feel that they do not get supported by the companies in pursuing their own professional development (Average score of 3.26/5)
3. Employees feel that they do not receive support on their job (Average score of 3.42/5)
With few exceptions, all the winning companies scored significantly higher in these areas compared to other participants. This indicates that employers that are more transparent, supportive of employees' growth and lead by example, are more likely to be rated as a good workplace by their own employees.
About HR Asia
HR Asia is Asia's largest circulating publication for senior HR professionals. With over 50,000 copies distributed every issue, and an online and offline audience exceeding 200,000. HR Asia is the go-to brand for HR professionals seeking quality business intelligence and industry updates. HR Asia is published by Business Media International, a regional leader in B2B intelligence.